Thursday, May 22, 2014

Paganism: a beginners guide or a page for your Book of Shadows

"The point of Wicca, the real mystery behind it all, is to remember the divinity within our selves and all things, to manifest our God and Goddess all the time, everyday, every moment; to love as they love, to give as they give, to serve them in perfect trust, and thus bring Their grace more fully into the world, to understand that we are the embodiment of the divine love and nurture, and to express that love into the world, to walk as God and Goddess. " - Dianne Sylvan 'A Circle Within'

That quote could not sum up what my faith is to me any better than I possibly could. The book it is from is truly a life changing book about how to live everyday with divine grace and purpose. It is beautifully written and one I suggest everyone own. I have given away numerous copies of mine whenever I find someone who needs it. It is worth the investment.
Next, I will be outlining just a few of the basics for the beginner witch. You can print off this page and put it into your book of shadows as is, or cut it up and make it your own. I hope you find the information helpful in guiding you on your path. If there are any questions feel free to comment and I will answer with the best of my abilities. Blessed be.

Color Correspondences
*red: passion, love and healing, the element of fire, the mother Goddess.
*orange: energy, action, communication, intensity.
*yellow: creativity, conception, studying, spring, the element of air.
*green: prosperity, healing, herb magic, the element of Earth.
*blue: peace, hope, healing, the element of water.
*purple: psychic powers, to increase personal powers and magic.
*brown: grounding, happy home, pets, and garden magic.
*black: breaking hexes, banishing negativity and illness, the Crone.
*white: all purpose, maiden Goddess, peace, calming and hope.
*grey: bindings, banishing.
*silver: the Goddess, womans mysteries, the moon and intuition.
*gold: the God, riches, wealth and fame.

"What an enormous magnifier is tradition! How a thing grows in the human memory and in the human imagination when love, worship, and all that lies in the human heart is there to encourage it." - Thomas Carlyle

Drawing Down The Moon

I draw down the moon into my soul,
may it fill me and make me whole,
give me love and give me power,
these things I ask at this sacred hour,
shine down and into me,
as I will, so mote it be.

Recipes

Love & Calming ( good as potpourri or as a bath sachet)

lavender, rosemary, rosehips, juniper berries, skullcap, passion flower, drop of dragons blood and a rose quartz.

Inner Peace & Harmony Blend

1pt. Lavender
2pts passion flower
3pts rosemary

Strength in Spirit Oil
carrier oil such as coconut, almond, flax.
16 drops Patchouli oil
12 drops Amber oil

I hope you enjoyed the information I shared. All spells and recipes are mine, not from a book so feel free to tweek them as you'd like to make them all yours. This path can be an amazing one. Enjoy the journey. And love and light to all. Danielle

No comments: