Saturday, May 3, 2014

Today

Today has been a difficult day. Full of mind numbing stress and anxiety. My heart has felt, more than once, like it was going to trip right out of my chest and cascade to the floor. My mind seems to be a jumbled mess of colors, thoughts and emotions causing a riotous display to repeat in my head.
What can I do when things get so out of control its like I'm hanging from a tight rope by a thread around my ankle? Where is the peaceful, centered me amidst this chaos?
If I reach deep, deep down in my soul I am still there. Playing with my crayons and humming a song happily. The trick is finding that inner me and bringing her to the surface without too much shock and trauma. Letting my inner self know I will survive. I always do. I am capable of making it through today, just as I was yesterday.
Those worries that weigh so heavily, pressing down on my chest cannot be fixed in this moment . It is a waste of energy trying to resolve them in my head when I, myself, can do nothing at this second to help. They will be there tomorrow with bells on and the evil parade will begin again. But I have to keep telling myself everything will get better. This too shall pass and I will be stronger for it. The love I carry for myself is stronger than the situation I now face and I can never give up faith. So for today, I will play with that inner child and paint my worries away. Blessed be my lovelies and have a magical night.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Here is to being there with bells on. Be the color of the day grab it with both hands are ring in every day

Unknown said...

Thank you for the advise and support Bill. I appreciate it.