Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ohhhh, The Agony!


I have just finished applying for school at the prestigious San Francisco Art Institute...... I had to just SAY it because I am still not even believing it.
I received my first camera for my 10th birthday along with one roll of film from my father. It was a 35mm and I felt such an amazing power holding that little plastic black box in my hands. That is the day I really started to see. I don't think I ever saw the world until I looked through my tiny lens, clicked the button and knew in my mind what that photograph would look like.
He drove me all over SeaTac that day. Me telling him to pull over at the most unusual places and I would try, awkwardly, to get into a "photographers stance", line up my shot and push the button. The sound of that click is one of my favorite sounds in the world. Right up there with the laughter of a child.... and I did that that day too.
So I wanted to say "Thank you" Dad.... for giving me a passion and a reason to pursue it. And for all of the dreams and happiness it has brought me. Perhaps I will be coming home to share them with you.

2 comments:

Tom said...

I've seen you take pictures. The passion and dedications is inspiring. I know you will blow them away in California.
Good luck!!!

tara said...

I'm proud for u i know one day ur going to inspire someone else to become a better person. keep up the great work!!! don't let anyone bring u down!!!