Thursday, January 20, 2011

Through It All


"Friends are like flowers in the garden of life." They too can be the ray of light you sometimes need to see you through. A true friend can be difficult to find and even more difficult to keep. But the ones that manage to stay a part of your life for the long run are the only ones that truly matter. The rest are like temporary teachers or students. Learning from one another and then moving on. A best friend is a blessing all its own. They are there for you no matter what, through thick and thin. They tell you the truth even when it will hurt and give you a shoulder to cry on when the pain is too much. They are steady when you are weak and weary. Always there with their hand held out just in case you need help to stand. Sometimes I forget to tell them "thank you" and let them know just how appreciated they are. How much the fact that they care really means. I am blessed to have a few best friends to turn to, but today I wanted to tell you, Tara, "Thank You!" and "Happy Birthday"......No matter what we say or do I will always love you and be thankful to have you in my life. You are the flower I choose to pick and the light that makes me grow...........

No comments: